The ability to connect with others, truly connect, is what makes people become successful.
Success in life equals to the people you meet plus what you create together, with those people.
In order to be effective and successful in networking, you have to have the right mindset and the right skill set.
The right mindset and skill set comes from building honest relationships; people that you trust and who trust you in the same manner — an honest mutual trust.
In order to have the right mindset you have to follow a certain philosophy and the following actions:
Work actively towards becoming a member, a member of a network:
- Always analyze, where are the places you go to meet the kind of people who could most impact your life?
- Meet people inclined to be mentored or who are eager to mentor you — people you guide, people who guide you.
- Be conscious and aware, that, real networking is about finding ways to make other people more successful; their success will become your success.
Don’t Keep Score
- It’s not about “how can you help me?” but “how can I help you?”
- However, become as willing to ask for help as you are to give it
- Relationship are like muscles, the more you work them, the stronger they become
- Trust is the main cornerstone, relationships are solidified by trust
- Bottom line: it’s better to give before you receive. And never keep score. If your interactions are ruled by generosity your rewards will follow suit.
One of the core values we have as a company is to inspire and empower people in all aspects of their lives. Additionally, if you want to read about our Custom Software Solutions and Consulting Services, please visit https://www.isucorp.ca/contact-us